Monday 19 January 2015

Too scared to try

I have been scouting for a writing job and subscribed to this website alerting me of any jobs available. For the few months, most jobs require me to be in the office which I prefer not to. With my duty as the designated driver to the kids, I need to stick to my routine. Anyway, two days, (or is it three days?) ago, a job popped up and it was a home-based one! Yippee!!  For a while! Because after my excitement and semangat died down, I started to have all these negative thoughts such as I can't do it, they will realise that I am not good enough, that I won't be able to cope and bla bla bla. Plus they asked for a resume and I don't have one! After 14 years, of course I don't have one. Of course I make one, but what do I say? Apart from my education qualifications and my short stint as a career woman? Brainstorming... They want some writing experiences..but I guess I can just send them an email and see how it goes right? I am reading this book titled How to Get from where you are to where you want to be and one of the advices given is "Do it now!" Just like the Nike ad I guess.."just do it". But am I doing it now??? No!!!!

The whole morning I have been procrastinating of sending the email. I did housework and even cooked early and now I am blogging with the intention of watching a movie after this...talk about being motivated!!!! I am scared to be outside of my comfort zone but at the same time, I want things to change for the better, for me. I refuse to be just a housewife but am not confident in trying new things and venture out in the unknown world! Gosh!! Sounds like I am going to Mars or something. It is just trying for a home-based writing job for crying out loud!!! But yeah, I am thinking, contemplating, analysing and what not...I do tend to overthink things.. But need to get over it!!! Ok, will draft that email, will draft that email, will draft that email!!

No comments:

Post a Comment